Posted in Friends...you got what I ne-ed, Mom-ness | Posted on 27-01-2015
1. Google hypothyroidism and hope you have it. I feel tired! I’ve gained weight! My face IS puffy!
2. Shop online for swimsuits that you know will fit better once you get your thyroid in check and the three thousand feet of snow melts!
3. Open the hall closet and vow today will be the day you finally organize it. Walk away.
4. Go back to closet and hide with coffee and Oreos while a melee ensues in family room during Wii u.
5. Twist ankle in closet on weights you would be using if you didn’t have an obvious thyroid condition.
6. Limp to unload dishwasher and realize you forgot to run it last night. See! My hypothyroidism is making me forgetful! Or was it the vino? Wait.
7. Text your friends to see if they want to come over for a playdate
8. Answer the door, invite your friends in, don’t hang their coats in the closet because it’s a mess covered in Oreo crumbs and coffee splatter, and explain to them over a random assortment of party snacks you had in the house that you have a thyroid problem.
9. Google hypothyroidism and show them your awesome WebMD’ing.
10. Drink more wine and call endocrinologist to see if they offer group discounts. Indignantly shout, “NO! This isn’t a joke!” when they challenge you, and tell them, ”Then we’re happy to book with the place I saw on Groupon that comes with a free trip to Mexico!”